Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ashes or Dust

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

Jack London
American Author

I must apologize for my absence lately. I have been distracted from my routine. While I welcome these distractions, I realize that it tends to upset what some have become used to. But as the above quote states, I'd rather live my life to the fullest than sit and wait patiently for the end.

The trick I've learned over the past month is to find a balance. If a person wants to have people in his life for the long term, he must find a way to have the exciting experiences, without leaving the ones that he loves behind. I tend to dive head first into everything new when sometimes it's best to test the waters first. My antics lately seem to have pushed some people away. If there is a goal to it all, I'd hope that it stirs things up just enough to push us to the next level, whatever that may be. It's taken me a long time to get where I am and I don't wish to give it all up. But I also do not want to stay stagnant and bored. I'm hoping that my friends will see an even funner side of me. And my husband, a renewed spark or two.

Next weekend, my life-mate and myself will be heading out to Toronto for a much needed weekend together, without the distractions. Toronto is our favorite city with plenty to do all the time. I hope to come back from there completely exhausted, every atom of me in a magnificent glow and a little more balanced.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Good that 'things' are sorted out. It can be a difficult balance in relationships at any level.
Toronto eh? Haven't been there in years. Have a great weekend Stew!
Jim

JustinO'Shea said...

So you gone and come back, like ages ago. LOL
How are the sparks doing? Are they balancing. . .more or less. We don't want 'perfect balance' cuz then the action stops. . no teteering. . .;-)

Like you I live a scheduled life, pretty much routine. . .I have to see to it I don't become stagnant, mechanical. . .and make time for things NOT on the schedule. . .like so many of the sexperts tells us we need to schedule dates, land donove-time, etc. . .. otherwise they just might not happen.

Then I tell myself: I ALWAYS make/find time for those people and things I really want to be with, to do, etc. I tend to over-extend. . .know what I mean. . .trying to get everyone and everything 'in'. . .and don't. . . ..;-) One of these days. . . .Yeah? When?

Enuff of that. Just wanted to stop by and say HiYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. justin