Thursday, April 15, 2010

The start of something new


It's the first 80 degree day in S/E Michigan. And as I listen to the birds singing in joy and watch my dog roll in the sunny grass, I also hear the sound of airconditioners in the nieghborhood. As for me, this is what I love. Bring it on. I should be sleeping. It's just too nice of a day to hide in the dark of my bedroom. Perhaps I'll sleep in the chase on the patio.

Spring always brings with it a chance for renewal and to start fresh. So, why should this year be any different. This year is going to be a year of self acceptance. Embrasing who I am and loving everyone around me for who they are.
I will always be the change that I would like to see in the world. But it gets tiring to try and change the world all the time. So, I'll just be me and you just be you and we'll see where this thing takes us.

A friend has encouraged me to set some goals. In the past, I've set goals and some I reached and some, not-so-much. What makes this different? I'm setting goals that are just at the edge of what I can do. Not too far and not too short. It doesn't sound too agressive. The difference is that I am choosing to do them. With each and everything that we do, we have to make a choice. A choice to do it and get it done or a choice to just do the same as yesterday. I'm chosing to complete my goals. I'll write more about each individual goal as they come up. For today my choice is to get it done this time. And to sleep on the patio.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I've just started a blog and am learning as I go. Still haven't figured out how to delete photos that I don't want posted.

Just came across your blog.....I like your approach.....seems relaxed and spontaneous.