Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fading Lights

Most everyone that reads this blog knows that I stay pretty busy. And it's never a surprise when you don't hear from me for a few days. Trust me, it's never a lack of anything interesting going on.

I haven't been feeling so bright the last week or so though and the blog has suffered. You see, my 77 year old mother is not doing well. She has a bright personality for the most part. And when she's awake she's a joy to be around. The problem is that her body is just getting tired. She's had a rough life and done many amazing things with it. Most people that knew her over the years loved her. And as long as I've known, everyone has called her Mom if they are blood related or not. Today has been a good day and we welcome that. I would like nothing more than her to prove everyone wrong and live for another 20 years happy and healthy. But, to be realistic, that's not likely.

On top of that, we have my 87 year old father that has been with her for 58 years. He's at home trying to figure out what to do next. He's afraid to visit her in the hospital because that would tell her that she doesn't have long as he's never been able to bring himself to see her in the hospital before. As much as they drive each other crazy, they are lost without each other after all those years.

I know that when it's all said and done, we'll all be fine. And the nice thing is that she's not in any pain at all. She's just plain tired.

I am working on a couple of projects for you and there are some stories that I've been meaning to get to you all from my experiences. Be patient and I will be back very soon.

3 comments:

betty said...

Your mom looks so sweet! I am sorry she is in the hospital. I can imagine after 58 years it has to be hard for both of them as they face potentially what the future will hold. My inlaws are married 63 years and MIL is suffering with dementia; I see how hard that is for my FIL to deal with. It is hard when we lose a parent, my dad died when I was very young so I never knew him, but my mom died when she was 85. It is sobering to realize the ones that knew us the best, even before we were born, are no longer there for us and with us, but you are right, when it is all said and done you'll be fine. Just different. But fine.

betty

Admin said...

We'll be thinking of you and your mom Stew.

John Going Gently said...

that photo I am sure captures her personality very well
the sweetest thing I have seen today!