Sunday, January 30, 2011

I wish you the brighter side

Daily, I observe the people around me. I don't know their storties or what's going on in their minds. I watch them as they rush through my life and back out and wonder. I wonder if they are enjoying their lives or are they just rushing through? What are they rushing to?

Life is to be enjoyed. Every last bit of it.

If you were diagnost with a terminal illness or involved in an accident that left you helpless, could you be happy with the life that you've led?

If you knew that it was last time that you would pet a dog, smell a rose, fly a kite, drive a car or make love, would you stop to enjoy it a little more?

We rush through our lives in such a hurry that we forget to appreciate the little things. We don't say hello to a stranger that could have been a good friend, given the chance. A snowfall seems to upset us because we know that we'll have to shovel it and clear the car.

Perhaps we should stop and say hello and enjoy that snow for the beauty that it brings or the exersize that we'll get.

There is always a brighter side. Always. I work in a buisness where there is a lot of sadness. Yet I try everyday to find the brighter side. To find pleasure in the simplest things in life. To enjoy everything that I do.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how grey the day may appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good- bye.

I wish that you would take the time to enjoy the brighter side.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Stew this is a great post. It really makes us stop or pause and think about what we are doing now! You posed a really good question: 'If you were diagnost with a terminal illness or involved in an accident that left you helpless, could you be happy with the life that you've led?'

Good question. Today a similar thought went through my mind : Would I be able to handle my life if something very drastic happened....for example lost my eye-sight. I would like to think I would because I would still be alive and able to experience things albeit differently.
I think I would embrace my past life and have no regrets whatsoever and move forward not looking back. But always stopping to smell the roses.

You always get me thinking Stew!