Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Northern Nights

It's been a strange and wonderful year here in Michigan. 


Shawn Malone lives in Michigan's Upper Penninsula and has gotten some amazing shots of the Aurora this year.





"A streak of northern lights thru part of the Milky Way- early Sunday morning in a clearing, Alger County MI- guess humidity was pretty low, fantastic night for star gazing- oh and when the aurora came out, is was just doing plain crazy things."


How I wish the city lights didn't block these views for us. It's definitely inspiring to see such beauty, however you can get it.




One thing is true though. You can create beauty whenever and wherever you want.







10 comments:

John Going Gently said...

The Northern lights
if only
I would LOVE to see them before I die

Unknown said...

To watch the sky come alive with dancing color is something you never forget.

MorningAJ said...

I've seen them once - at The Ice Hotel in Northern Sweden. It was wonderful. I have a piece of art by a Sami painter (what used to be called Laplander - but that's a really offensive term similar to the 'N' word that nobody uses any more) of 'the lights that sing' as they call them there.

Unknown said...

The Ice Hotel.
Also something you never forget, I am sure!
I don't know if I would want to stay there. But it would be very kewl to see. Do they have a sauna?

Jim said...

Breathtaking photo of Northern Lights! Would LOVE to see them! There is beauty to be found everywhere....as you know Stew!

Moving with Mitchell said...

So true! (But the Aurora Borealis is still a set to see!)

Moving with Mitchell said...

... you know I meant "sight"!!! Beautiful photo.

Jim said...

No I didn't! lol

Unknown said...

It surprises me that you can't see them in Nova Scotia. I first saw them in Alaska. But even here in southern Michigan, we see small displays from time to time. Shawn lives about 6 hours North of here and has had a steady show for over a month, every night.

Unknown said...

It's something that you never tire of seeing.