Thursday, May 3, 2012

One Last Ride

 I'm sitting here at my desk with the sun streaming through the window and the thunder outside is rumbling. 
Yes, I live in Michigan. 
This weather, could only mean one thing....

 It's boating season. 






But as this boating season begins, I have to say farewell to a very good friend. Farewell, to our boat.

Sorry Stephanie, we will not be taking you on  any more boat rides to nowhere.

Ed bought the boat new some 16 years ago and we've enjoyed it for most of those years. With everything that we've had going the last few years, it's made it difficult to enjoy such a toy. So, we made the difficult decision to sell it. After a few tire kickers, the right people came along. It is going to a good home that will love it for many years to come. A young family with teenaged children at home will be riding around in their new boat. I know they will love it even more than we do.

Perhaps we will see them from the shore and smile knowing that we helped get them out there.

They wanted to take a ride in it before handing over the money, so we obliged. This gave us a chance to ride in it one last time. It was 50 degrees out there (Fahrenheit) and the water temperature was even lower. Despite freezing, they loved it. The young man and his father at the end of the video will have many happy memories, I am sure.

8 comments:

Jim said...

Time to move on to something else maybe?

MorningAJ said...

Did you sell her for enough to come see us in the UK? I'd LOVE to take you (and your husband) out for fish and chips from a proper English chip shop. (Eaten out of the paper, with vinegar seeping over your fingers!)

Unknown said...

One never knows what we have up our sleeves.

Unknown said...

If only we could get away for long enough to enjoy a proper English Fish n'Chip. But, one never knows what the future might hold.

MorningAJ said...

You'd be welcome any time. I can wait :)

Moving with Mitchell said...

Can't wait to read about what comes next! Sadly, when I try to watch the video I get a message that it's "unavailable" and to "try again later." So, I guess I'll just have to imagine that frigid final ride.

Unknown said...

LOL The boat was never officially named STEWED as in Stew Ed.
Stephanie is a regular reader that went out for a very short(but adventure filled)ride with us one time.

Unknown said...

I added the video via youtube. But blogger wouldn't let me take the old one off. Oh well.