Sunday, August 7, 2011

RENT

Tonight was very special.
My husband and I started out by going out for dinner at a local restaurant on the coast for some amazing fish and chips. Then headed in to Mt.Clemens to a local theater where a small theater group was putting on the show RENT.


I love going to a big city and seeing a large production. But every once in a while, we'll get something good at a local theater. It's an "off Broadway" style theater so it holds less than a thousand. There's only four rows of seats. Then some tables and then there is the private booths. 


These were our seats for the show. Yes, Ed has his shoes off.

I love this show!
It came out shortly after I left New York.
I always wanted to see it on Broadway but never went back. Finally last year, I rented the movie version and fell in love with it. I really like the story and lessons that it offers. The fact that we need to look at today for what it is. Enjoy what we have, because we don't know what tomorrow holds and we can't change yesterday. We should live each minute reflecting the love inside of us.

After the show, we made our way back to our patio and enjoyed each others company. Watching the stars, talking about the production. Discussing life and the situations of those that are close to us.

When Ed finally fell asleep, I got a text from my good friend in Texas, which ended up with us talking for a while on the phone. I miss the time that we used to share when he lived here at my little home. And we discussed that we would meet up for a couple of days in New Orleans before the ever-nearing cruise that my husband and I are booked on.

It was a very special night. A night filled with love. What could be better than that?

4 comments:

JustinO'Shea said...

STEW. . .I've been going to tell you. . and even tho I have a 'round to it" I am slow. KUDOS on the New Look of your Blog. I like the colors. . .the blue and the scattering seeds and the whispy fly-aways Mother Nature gives them. . It is really nice to look at. . .to read. . .easy on the eyes. . Nice. . .or as the old New England farmer might say "Noice!" ;-))

MorningAJ said...

I love a night at the theatre and dinner and drinks. Glad you had a good time.

Jim said...

Would like to see any production of 'Rent'.....have heard lots of reviews and all positive. Maybe the movie version....
You guys are sure getting around, Stew. Where are you going on the cruise?

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening..I'm glad it went well and hopefully you didn't end up with any poison ivy :)

Phew wee...Eddy, put your shoes on ;)