Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cremate mine, please

I'll take my hot dog cremated !

Casket Grill


It's the unofficial kick-off of the Halloween season in Hell Michigan.

This video was taken by a by-stander at last years Parade of Hearses in Hell, Michigan.
I'll give you a hint. Our hearse is toward the end of the parade because we got there late, as we had a service in the morning. See if you can spot us and tell me where in the comments.

Each year, hearse enthusiast from all over convene on a small town here in Michigan named Hell. Last year there were 47 hearses. Most of them were older and had been given a new life. But there were two that were still in commission. One of those being ours. This year we are attempting to get in the Guiness book of World Records with the longest procession of hearses. There currently is no record but Guiness has set the standard at 50. Since better weather is forecast this year, we are expecting to make it. I'll let you know if we do or not. Either way, it's a great way to let off a little steam and relax for the day with other people who appreciate the beauty of the vehicle.

Enjoy this little number on this cool weekend, and Happy Halloween!




Originally published at http://brightergrave.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

betty said...

Okay, I watched the whole video and I'm still clueless which one yours is. I would be tempted to say it was the very last one since you said you got there late. But except for the colors, they all looked the same. I liked the blue ones and the one with the red bottom half. I think it is a fun event and I would definitely eat a hot dog cooked on that grill!

Hope you guys achieve your record at this year's event.

have a good weekend Stew!

betty

Unknown said...

We are not last. But if you look in the sidebar, you'll see our hearse is blue. Our whole fleet of cars is blue, we like that color too.

MorningAJ said...

Well I know the motorbike and side car aren't yours!

There's a lot of Addams family looking cars in there too. I'm hoping you're the more subtle looking one about third from the end.

Unknown said...

Very good guess and oh, so close.

Unknown said...

Jack said: I believe it was at 3:45 of the flic but it is soo neat!



I think Jack and Annie are looking at the same car. But that's not it.

Anonymous said...

3:22. I win.

Unknown said...

Very good! anonymous (Jon, my best friend in the whole world). From 3:18 to 3:24, my six seconds of fame. I'll have to think of a prize for you.

Jonathan said...

Dang, you beat me. I was going to show face...here goes.

MorningAJ said...

I was on the one at 3.42. Ah well. Yours is cool too!

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

late...as usual...
this is my favorite time of year. halloween my favorite holiday.
the ONLY way to eat meat...esp hot dogs...is cremated! and hold the ketchup! oh, unless it's needed...for effect...