Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two more

I was just roused from my comfy chair when all of a sudden there was a thud against the window followed by some fluttering of wings against the glass. I looked out onto the patio to find one more of the baby birds sitting on the arm of the patio chair. After a little shake of his head, and stretching of his wings, he flew off to the top of the willow tree at the back of the yard.

Yes, today there were two more birds that left the nest. They are both resting in the bush next to the tree where they were born just a few short weeks ago. The parents don't mind Pugsley being in the yard but I was chased away when I tried to video tape the two babies.

There is one more in the nest. Then this episode will be over.

6 comments:

MorningAJ said...

You need to get some stickers for your patio windows. Birds can't see plate glass so they fly into it. I have a lot of butterflies on my kitchen window so that I don't have problems.

betty said...

so glad the bird was okay after it flew into the window! I have had birds do that too. Won't be long before that last one gets brave enough to venture out and discover a whole new world!

betty

Jim said...

How cute is this! We use long black ribbon hanging on from the window from the outside to flutter about and distract the birds from banging into it. It works very well.

Toyin O. said...

Good luck solving this problem:)

John Going Gently said...

you are going to be alled a pervert by locals when they see you hanging around in trees all day!

enjoy!

AJ-OAKS said...

Those parent birds can become quite nasty. I have been dive bombed a lot lately when walking under one of the trees by the house. Me thinks it is time to walk around the tree from now on!