Saturday, April 23, 2011

A message for YOU

The strangest thing happened to me today.


I was walking home and I found a small, crumpled up note on the side of the road. I opened it up, and it was addressed to you. To you!



Here’s what it said:



It happened in the past. And it happened once. But in your memory, you’re letting it happen over and over again, each and every day. You can’t change that it happened, but you can change that it continues to happen to you.

It’s time to let it go, and no longer haunt yourself with shame, remorse and guilt.



And the truth is, it happened for a reason. Though it may be hard to understand that reason from where you sit in time and space, my vantage point allows for a clearer perspective. Learn the lesson being offered, and allow yourself the freedom to move forward with these simple but powerful words: “I am sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. I thank you.”

Love,


A friend



I don’t really know what it means. But since it was addressed to you, I think it may hold some meaning for you. Any ideas?


I'm taking a couple of days off from the 30 day blog challenge to let go of a few things myself.  I hope that everyone has a great Easter and that you are surrounded by friends, family and anyone else that you happen to love.

5 comments:

betty said...

I like that message; great reminder to let go of something I've been carrying around way too long!

enjoy your break and I hope you and yours have a nice Easter however it will be celebrated!

betty

Jim said...

Thanks Stew. Have a good break!

John Going Gently said...

The fact that it was thrown away by the person that it was delivered to , doesnt bode at all well eh?
have a good and peaceful easter day

Unknown said...

Oh John, I guess some people just are not ready to let go. I can't even remember what I was holding on to anymore, or why.

936000 said...

It could be one of those "random act" things too. People write "inspirational" message and then leave them for others to find.
Enjoy your break!