Monday, April 11, 2011

Thirty day blog challenge

Many people have done this already.  Some of the items that it calls for will be difficult for me simply because I can be so guarded about some things. So in an effort to become more comfortable with myself and to open up a little, I've decided to do the 30 day blog challenge myself. Even on the first day, I am finding it a little difficult. But I am promising you and myself that I will stick to the entire thing and not change it to fit me better as I've seen a couple of other people do. I will still try to incorporate the usual goings-on though.
So today calls for 15 interesting facts about myself.

1. I was part of the first and largest one hour film business for 12 years.
2. I have a degree in commercial art as well as interior design.
3. I ran my families limousine business for years.
4. I owned and operated a pizza store with a Southwest theme in the Midwest.
5. I have been married to a great man for 6 years in June, and we've been together for 11 years.
6. I was raised in the United Pentecostal Church.
7. I no longer subscribe to any religion but respect them all.
8. I believe in Nowism and Deism.
9. My first pet was a Dutch dwarf rabbit named Dash. He died two years ago at 8 years old.
10. I would throw myself in front of a car for my dog Pugsley.
11. My father was a chiropractor before it was kewl.
12. I come from a family of 8 children. Four boys and four girls. I'm number 6.
13. I do not and never have answered to my first name.
14. I love the outdoors but can't stand getting dirty.
15. I'm obsessed with iced tea and have been since I was 2 years old.

There are many more interesting facts. But, I have tried to cover a wide range here. Hopefully doing this challenge will open up my heart a little more to sharing those facts.

6 comments:

fromsophiesview said...

AH Ha...now I know why you swear by chiro....your papa....I went to one 3 years ago and he scared the begeesus out of me. I haven't completely eliminated them because I used to go to a shiatsu therapist who was a chiro. He was the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, he passed away in 2005 and we haven't found anyone to replace his magic fingers.
Your 30 day reveal is awesome!

JustinO'Shea said...

Hello. . . .nice...and. . .to which name do you 'answer'. . . ?
Stew doesn't work? hmmm. . . ;-)

justin

Jim said...

My comment disappeared! Try again.....
Nice to meet you, is it Stew!?
You are very brave to do this but remember you are amongst friends here. Nothing to fear at all.
I may do this if it works for you.
Jim

betty said...

wow, my first comment disappeared too! weird. I've seen this challenge on other people's blogs, glad you decided to take the "plunge" and do it; looking forward to reading to learn more about you!!

A pizza place with a Southwest theme in the Midwest sounded like an interesting adventure indeed!

betty

Anonymous said...

Jack wrote: "My friend, no one can call you lazy or boring!"

Stephanie wrote: "1-2-4-13...are my favorites!..look forward to the next 29 days!"

936000 said...

I found your blog through John's: Going Gently. I love your answers to this and like the idea of a 30 day blog challenge. I might have to jump in myself!
Great, great answers!
meggs